3.12.2013

Yesterday I definitely had a case of the mondays and was ready for the day to be over and for The Bachelor to come on. Ha! Even in the midst of that blah day, I heard God distinctly speak to me about having a heart of gratitude. You see even on a hard day, I got to take my 2 boys to the park and play with them, no one else, just us. I sat and watched them explore, pushed them on the swing, set the littlest man down the big boy slide and listen to him squeal with delight, cheered on the bigger littlest man while he climbed up the tower. I was truly with my boys. My focus and attention totally on them and it was perfection. In that moment there was intense thankfulness. My case of the mondays turned from a me focus to a Him focus. How does thankfulness do that? It happens in a instance, having a heart of gratitude changes you. Its impossible for it not to. Its as if heaven reaches down and turns that little frown upside down, you are flooded with true peace and filled with joy that is beyond circumstance, all because you stopped to say thank you, to acknowledge that you are not your own, you didn't create this moment, you are not in control. you are transformed. 


"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!