10.25.2011

Hello...

My name is B and Im self absorbed...
The last couple days, God has graciously made me aware of some ways in which I've been completely self absorbed. I am a pretty introspective person. One of those people that doesn't necessarily need someone to tell me when Im being a big fat bia, bc Im constantly examining myself and thinking about what Im learning and thinking and doing, my purpose, my life as a whole, etc etc. I truly believe there are some great things about being introspective, you know the whole "our greatest strength is also our greatest weakness" thing. But then there are those times when its definitely a weakness, one that needs to be nipped in the bud. Times when Im thinking of only me, what's going on in my life, if Im doing what God has designed me to do, if Im truly free of PPD, focused on my fears, my desires, my needs, basically wrapped up in all things B. And then my gracious Father gently (and sometimes not so gently-ha) reminds me that its not about Me...its about HIM...thankfulness, service, sacrifice, praise!

Hello, my name is B and I'm work in progress...


Psalm 100
(a psalm for giving grateful praise)

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

1 comment:

  1. aren't we all a work in progress...proud of your vulnerability and willingness to evaluate yourself!

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!