2.22.2011

thankful...

Just so you know, right now as I type, I am enjoying a freshly brewed cup of hazelnut coffee from my awesome, amazing Keurig! Its divine...

I have been overcome with thankfulness lately. Thankful for my family, my husband, son and baby in utero, my sometimes annoying/wonderful dog, little luxuries in life like coffee and Chick-fil-A ice dreams, cookies and picnics in the park, my husbands job that allows me to be at home with my son, health, friends and grace. I read a devotion book called "Jesus Calling" and its hands down the most incredible book. It was a gift given to me after my son was born. The daily devotions are perfect in length and give you the opportunity to look up subsequent scripture should time permit. It just always seems to be right on, and I truly feel like God is speaking directly to me every day I read. It gives you just the right nugget to focus on for the day...I wanted to share Monday's excerpt with you...

"Trust and Thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those "sister sins" that so easily entangle you. Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain. Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts. Thus you can focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care."
-Colossians 2:6-7, Psalm 141:8. 1 Peter 5:7

I know God delights in a trusting and thankful heart -B

for more on thankfulness, check out this read from (in)courage, make sure you have tissues in hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!