12.06.2013

This is the gift....


This is the gift...that wraps up all stresses quiet: 
"I will bless you". "I will bless you", says the God who comes to where you are. 
Who comes to the heaviness of the day, to the space where the weight hangs on the edges of you, 
So you just keep holding your breath, so you just keep forgetting to breathe.....
You can always go ahead and breathe- He's will bless. 
You can always breathe when you know all is grace. 
That is the order of grace...the personal blessings envelop you first. 
Then you are the blessing sent to the world. 
You will be experienced as a blessing to the extent you have first been blessed. 
You must feel the fullness of your own pitcher before you trust the pouring out of yourself. 

- Ann Voskamp
The Greatest Gift

This book has been such a blessing to me this December. It has truly turned my focus. I am so grateful for its soft urgings to remember Him. To practice remembering everyday of this hustling bustling season we call "Advent". I just learned that advent means "coming". This is what we are celebrating. He did come to be IN my days. In the busyness, the quietness, the crazy madness of life. He is here. With me. I want to celebrate this. His grace delivered in His arriving here. I want to soak it up, fill up with it, so that it pours out of me into the world. 
So this is Christmas, He, in all his grace came to be with us! It is beautiful! Let's celebrate it! -e

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!