4.09.2013

In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength... 
Isaiah 30:15

Do you ever feel like you see a passage over and over again and then finally after the um-teenth time you stop to realize that maybe just maybe God is trying to tell you something. Man, I can be so slow at learning sometimes. I long to be faster at seeing and hearing truth. There are so many things going through my head and heart on a daily basis, I fail so often to see any overarching truths or encouragement He is offering to me simply because I don't have ears to hear. My heart and mind torn this way and that rather than focused on the One that is needed. 

What do these words bring to mind when you read them? 
repentance...rest...quietness...trust

They make me think of silence and peace, simplicity over complex, slow rather than hurried, patience and surrendering control. All things that are hard to do but necessary in order to hear, to receive, to change. 
Lord, may we be quick to hear your voice today...open our eyes, clear our vision, speak for your servant is listening. 
-b

1 comment:

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!