7.08.2011

Staying...

Yesterday I read this post on the (In)Courage blog and it so challenged me and made me stop to reflect on all the things I've learned as a wife and mother. With baby #2 here, I have been somewhat nostalgic about the fact that Im a mom to 2 precious boys. One day you are a madly in love college kid wondering what your life holds and the next day, you wake up, still madly in love but with 2 kids. I find myself asking, Am I old enough to have 2 kids? Well the fact that I turn 30 in a few short months means, YES I am old enough to have 2 kids.

Even with 2 kids and 6 years of marriage under my belt, I still totally believe that God desires for us to change and grow, to continue to become who He has designed us to be. With my first son, I felt overwhelmed with all that had changed within me, becoming a parent makes you a different person in so many ways and now with my second son, I feel so much more secure as a Mom, in who I am as a parent and this role of motherhood. You learn that you can still be a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, AND a mom, all at the same time.

After reading the post, I found myself thinking...
"How can I continue to become who God created me to be while practicing the art of staying?"

Just a little something for you to chew on -B

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that was awesome! Love some (in)courage, but I love some B even more! ;) Definitely think our friendship is here to STAY!

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear from you. let us know what you fancy, because we fancy you!